How to Participate
The Michigan-Shiga Sister-State relationship creates programming and opportunities for people of all ages connecting Michigan and Shiga during every stage of life!
- Childhood: visits from the Otsu Children's choir creates programming for children and families
- Middle and high school: each year middle and high school students participate in various city and state wide exchange programs.
- College: JCMU provides unique language and culture programs of varying lengths for college students and professionals.
- Professionals: the JET program provides opportunities for participants to work as language assistants, work in communities on international exchange activities or as sports exchange advisors.
- Anytime: the Goodwill Mission creates opportunities to travel to Shiga Japan with fellow Michiganders, or to host visitors from Shiga.
Find out about upcoming events to participate in on our events page, or contact us to get involved today!